PART-TIME COACH + FACILITATOR
Role: WorkWell Coach + Facilitator
Commitment: ~10-20 hours per week
Location: Remote (Pacific Standard Hours)
Application Deadline: Friday, July 2nd 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our WorkWell community is ever expanding and we are excited to find a values aligned coach who will powerfully engage and support our clients via slack/e-mail and co-facilitate weekly live group coaching sessions.
You will be directly supporting a community of people all over the world to transform their skills, traits and unique experience into a new job in tech. This is deeply meaningful work as the majority of our clients are underrepresented in the tech space. Over the last three years, WorkWell has been actively making a significant dent in the inclusion and belonging space in the tech world through our premium Job Search + Interview Skills Accelerator and our Executive Anti-Racist workshops. We want to invest in someone who sees themselves at WorkWell as we continue to support the individuals in our community both locally and globally.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Answer client questions about job search process in Slack and e-mail daily (1-2 hours / day Monday-Friday)
- Review and offer feedback on client resumes + LinkedIn profiles
- Support client salary negotiations
- Facilitate live group coaching sessions of 20+ people weekly on job search topics (2x/week)
- Lead public facing events on job search / career topics (2x/month)
- Coordinate guest speaker opportunities
- Mindfully engage the community by offering resources, networking + coaching
- Analyze trends in client engagement + progress to contribute to improving WorkWell’s Accelerator
- Stay on top of market trends in hiring, layoffs, and job search practices
- Cultivate new relationships + networks to broaden brand awareness
*You may not have all of these skills YET. We strongly believe in investing in our people and therefore you will be receiving consistent feedback and coaching for your development. If you feel aligned with WorkWell’s community + vision and want to develop as a career coach and facilitator, please apply.
- ~10-20 hours / week (remote)
- Opportunities for growth as a coach at WorkWell
- Facilitation, presentation + coaching skills feedback and refinement
- 1:1 mentorship and time with senior coaches for your career development
- Scrappy startup professional experience in San Francisco’s tech industry
- Amazing community waiting for you to make an immediate positive impact
THIS ROLE IS IDEAL FOR:
- Inspiring and competent facilitator who is able to lead, motivate and inspire a brilliant group of job seekers and genuinely cares about each individual’s experience
- Someone who has done extensive work on their own personal development, has the self-awareness, humility and openness to receive consistent developmental feedback from Founders
- Open to working through his/her/their own blindspots while compassionately + honestly naming the blindspots and narratives of clients in the community for the sake of their learning + development
- Existing coaching skills / leadership skills / facilitation skills / job search + career knowledge preferred
- Someone who both enjoys + is great at written communication
- Someone who understands the value of community and loves to connect people + empower others to grow their networks
WE SEEK SOMEONE WITH THESE COMPETENCIES:
- Love of community, connection + authenticity
- Integrity to commitments + a commitment to continued self learning and growth
- Empowers job seekers to grow and learn by being a trusted resource, coach and deep listener
- Can confidently command a room with his/her/their presence
- Interest in topic of job search process + career development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can fly with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and new systems development
- Creative thinker, joyful collaborator, self-starter and detail-oriented communicator with a positive approach, can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to create positive, long-term working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy, and flexibility
- Committed to leading with humility, approachability, and accessibility
We love to laugh + have fun while working hard to create amazing things that have a real and immediate positive impact in the world. We move fast and love that we can do so. We are intentional about every single decision we make, always, with a focus on a never ending value add to the people and places around us. Our clients and community are our source of inspiration and joy, they are our everything. We value community, authenticity, integrity + autonomy. We want you to become the expert who advises us on how to make WorkWell better for our people, including you. We are committed to your growth + development and truly can’t wait to invest in you as a member of the WorkWell team.
OUR VALUES AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND BELONGING:
At WorkWell, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, trans people, gender non-conforming individuals and formerly incarcerated people to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit and hire with the understanding of systemic oppression and of the lived reality of people with marginalized identities. We also recruit and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, prior conviction, arrest history, disability, marital status, veteran status or age.
About WorkWell’s Continued Impact
Job Search + Interview Skills Accelerator Info Session
WorkWell's Founders, Lucy Basta and Whitney Cole, have coached 1000+ marketing and sales professionals, lawyers, engineers, product managers, customer success and finance folks, and more to successfully land jobs in high paying tech companies, including Apple, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Tesla, Airbnb and dozens of other industry leaders. They excel in supporting job seekers effectively breaking into and thrive in tech from industries such as retail, education, hospitality, healthcare, and non-profit.
WorkWell’s programs are designed to guide clients to identify their unique value add in today’s market to land the most competitive job offers in tech. Through WorkWell’s programs, clients will create an effective job search plan, master the skill of interviewing, and build their networks to powerfully land their dream jobs, all while developing essential interpersonal skills that will empower them to thrive for the rest of their careers. Learn more about WorkWell: www.weworkwell.io.APPLY NOW!